Thursday, March 29, 2007

I thought it was almost April


Driving home from work this morning, this is the sight I was greated with as soon as I got into Santaquin boundaries. The funny thing about it was that it was not snowing anywhere else but in Santaquin. When I left work in Provo, it was raining lightly. That rain cleared up by the time I hit Spanish Fork which was nice and clear if just a little wet. By the time I got to Payson it was raining lightly again but it didn't turn to snow until after I had passed the second Payson exit. In my mind I imagined the snow starting as soon as the freeway passed into Santaquin boundries though I cannot be sure it was that exact. But the minute it turned to snow, it had everything covered; the roads, the ground, everything. When I pulled into my cul-de-sac I was overcome with the desire to take a picture of some of the trees in my neighborhood so at 0530 in the morning I went tramping around snapping pictures of my neighbors houses. I'm sure if anyone saw me they would have thought I was crazy but this is the result. Look and laugh, all you people enjoying the true spring and pity those of us who have switched from wearing shorts and sunscreen at the beginning of the week (seriously, I got a nice burn on my face from trying to help put Riley's playset together last weekend - which is not quite finished and has been delayed until the weather cooperates) to having to pull sweaters back out of winter storage. Brrr. It's cold out here. - Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny.
You got snow in March. I have it now in April in Maryland. I miss you all so much.
XOXO,
Rachel