Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fun with Marshmallows

We love Marshmallows!!

Riley and I were bored this afternoon so we decided to do a craft project using stale marshmallows and toothpicks. Here are some of the lovely results.

First we made a marshmallow man and a marshmallow dog. The man had some trouble staying upright but Riley said it was okay, he was just tired.
Riley decided that since we had a man and a dog we needed a lady. Here he is making the lady. He tried to put two marshmallows stuck together where the legs meet. I don't know what his inspiration is but maybe its telling me I need to work on getting a smaller booty.
After the lady was built, without the extra marshmallow butt, Riley figured out that if he skewered their backs with another toothpick he could get them to stand up. Here is our marshmallow family, complete with kid and a dog.
Next I made a flower...
Followed by, well I'm not real sure what I intended this to be...

We wrote Riley's name on some marshmallows.
Then Dad got in on the act and built Riley's person a platform to stand on.

And our little marshmallow family needed a little marshmallow house.
Here is a television. It's old school. Note the rabbit ears. You know someone should tell that tv about the switch to digital cable in a few months. Unfortunately a marshmallow sattelite dish was a bit out of our skill set.
So with a few modifications, the tv became a covered bridge.
Here is a little car to drive through it. And Reed made Riley an airplane.

Riley made the worlds biggest "andaconna" snake.

Complete with smiley face that he drew himself...and a little story to go along with it...


I don't know where that kid comes up with this stuff.

No comments: