Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Riley's Birthday

I know that I am shamefully late posting pictures from Riley's birthday party and I really have no excuse, except that when I am not at work I don't spend much time on the internet and I don't often go into our basement. It's cold and probably home to a gazillion spiders. Ugh. So the basement pretty much stays Reed and Riley's territory and I am never around the computer enough to remember to load the pictures.
My sad apology out of the way, here are some pictures from his birthday party with the kids from his class and a few neighbor kids and his cousins. The kids mostly congregated in the living room while we were waiting for everyone to show up. We played penny penny who has the penny as a way to pass the time.

Of course, the first thing that Riley did when Isaiah showed up is they began to wrestle. Boys. I will never understand them. After about 15 or 20 minutes we broke the kids down into more maneagable groups and had little stations set up around the house with different activities. At the kitchen table we had the kids making foam doorknob hangers that had shamrocks and pots of gold on them.
Downstairs, we had Riley's Pot O' Gold bean bag toss.

And in the living room we had pin the shamrock on the leprechaun.


And we finished it off with a game of duck duck goose. I know, not exactly St. Patty's day themed but I ran out of ideas. After the kids had their fill of the games (which happened a lot faster than I was anticipating) we took them outside where they played on Riley's swingset. Then we had a spanking machine.After that we did presents. We tried to keep it organized but the kids kept getting closer and closer until we pretty much lost Riley in a swarm of kindergarteners. He sure had fun though, which I guess is the whole point. The party is not something that I would have been able to do without all my fantastic helpers, a.k.a. Grandma Jan, Momma Lynn, Annie and Casey and of course Reed.

No comments: