Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Riley-ism's

I shouldn't find Riley as funny as I do when he is mad. Today, he was playing in our basement with the Hamilton's. Ciana came over to see if he wanted to play. He was taking so long about deciding if he wanted to play that Ciana left so I told him that it was time for his friends to go home and for him to get ready for baseball. After his friends left I tried to talk to him about people's feelings and how it might have made Ciana feel bad that he couldn't make up his mind if he wanted to play with her. He got upset and stomped out of the room. He then came back in and said, "I was going to tell you something but now I'm not going to. Carry on about your business." And stomped back out of the room. Funny right? But it doesn't stop there.
For this next part, you have to understand he is horrible at looking for things. If its not right where he thinks it is and in the first place he looks he stops looking and tells us he can't find it. Even if it is just on the other side of the room. I have been talking to him about thinking outside the box when looking for stuff. Anyway, a few minutes later he was looking for his hat and his mitt and couldn't find it in his room. I hear him stomping around and muttering to himself. I listen closely and this is what he is saying (very dramatically, I might add) "I'm being so stupid. I didn't think outside of the box. My mitt is usually there but now it's not. It's not ever over here but maybe I should look..."
Like I said, it's wrong to find it SO funny when he is so serious and upset over things but sometimes I have to bite my tongue to keep from laughing at the stuff that comes out of his mouth. My sweet, smart kid.

No comments: