In order for this post to make sense you will have to remember a post I wrote back in may of 2007....
Today we caught the neighborhood toddlers operating an underground fight club. The police were
called,all the kids scattered on their tricycles. Riley's parole officer is worried about the three
strike rule but since the first rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club we are hoping that
there will not be enough evidence to prosecute our little slugger.
In truth, Riley came in from playing today with this. We don't know how it happened. We think
that he either fell or that one of the neighborhood kids threw a rock. This is his first major
bloodshed. Poor kid. I'm afraid that with as rough and tumble as our little boy is though, that
while this may be the first it most likely will not be his last.
Ok, so back to the conversation that Riley and I had on the way to the dentist today:
Riley: Do you want to know my summer plans?
Me: Sure.
Riley: I'm trying to find my fight club.
Me: Your what?
Riley: My fight club. Remember when I was little and someone threw a rock at me and you put a picture of it on the blog? This summer I'm trying to find my fight club.
Me: I remember but I don't understand.
Riley: You said it was underground. So I'm going to find it. Do you remember where it was buried?
To top it off, he even told the dental assistant a similar version of the story while she was taking the x-rays of his teeth. She looked like she was about to call DCFS for thinking I let my 8 year old watch the movie Fight Club so I had to give an explanation. Fortunately for me, she thought it was funny too.
Christmas
1 year ago


1 comment:
Oh the joys of reading your blog. I LOVE that they make me laugh out loud on every post!
Post a Comment