Monday, June 15, 2009

Early Father's Day Present

Momma Lynn got Grandpa a new self propelled lawn mower for his father's day present. Apparently, now that Grandpa is getting "old" he needs a little power in his tools. He went this past Saturday and picked it up a little early. (I swear, its almost as bad as Riley with a new toy.)


And speaking of Riley... now that the mower practically pushes itself Riley got to help Grandpa mow the lawn.
Gee. Lucky Grandpa.

If you catch a corner of my car window at the bottom of these pictures, that's because Mom and I sat in my car to watch. It has been pouring rain solid for what seems like the past two weeks straight so its a little on the chilly side, comparatively. Did I mention that the grass was still wet from the rain shower that had just ended like an hour before? But Grandpa couldn't wait. And really with all this rain it could very well have been another week until the lawn gets dry enough to actually mow, so I guess you can't blame him for not wanting to wait a week to try out his new present.

Grandpa sure enjoyed himself. And here is a picture of Riley's favorite part. The box. He would climb in, close the lid then pretend he was a zombie and rise from the grave. Weirdo. But I love him.

No comments: