Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Riley's T-Ball Pictures

Ok. Finally they are being posted. I know I know, it has taken forever. So long in fact that Riley's t-ball games ended on Monday. Um... oops. Oh well, at least they are getting put on here. Sorry if some of them are pretty dark. I didn't realize being in the shade would make such a big difference. First up, here is Riley standing in the field, somewhere around the shortstop area.
Here is Riley's coach showing him that if the ball comes to him, he should throw it to first.
And here he is pointing out that the runners will move around the bases to third.
"I'm ready for the ball."
"This is pretty exciting! I'm playing t-ball. "

"Ok, maybe I'm getting a little distracted."

"Hmm... Do I need to go potty?"

"Nah."

"It's a little boring standing here with nothing to do."

"Make that, really really boring. Hey, don't blame me people. I have the attention span of a 4 year old!"

"What's that you say? Someone hit the ball?"

"I'm on it!"

"I'm gonna get this ball no matter what!"

"Gee coach, what do you mean we have to take turns?"

"This time, it's all mine."

"What do I do now that I have it?"

"Oh, yeah! Throw it to first!"

Doesn't my little man just look like a ball player with his stance here?


Here he is up to bat. His coach is lifting him off the ground to position him correctly.
Here Riley is, staring the ball down before he swings. It's a mental game. Be the ball man, be the ball.
And here's the swing!
Here he is rounding third!
And he's on the home stretch!

And what baseball game would be complete without climbing the fences while waiting for your turn to bat?
Look at that smile? Is he not just the cutest kid you've ever seen?


Here are some videos. The first is a video of Riley going up to bat. It took him a couple games before he really got the hang of hitting the ball and then running to first base.
The second video is of Riley tossing the ball to one of the girls on his team as a warmup before the actual game.

No comments: